Welcome to ESRD Network 9/10!
New and Noteworthy
- Register Now!
Chronic Kidney Disease Awareness Symposium September 25
This one-day symposium will focus on the primary care physician, the nurse practitioner, and the physician’s assistant treating patients with Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD). The goal of the symposium is to further educate participants on the best indicators for identification of CKD, the best time to refer, and why early referral to a Nephrologist is imperative.
Registration is $50 for physicians and $25 for NPs and PAs; 6.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ are available.
Complete details, the agenda and online registration can be found here.
There will be an exhibitor area to support the symposium. If you are interested in exhibitor space:
Exhibitor Display Registration Form
- Medical Director Workshop & Nephrology Symposium
Back for a third year in a row, NRAA proudly presents the Medical Director Workshop & Nephrology Symposium! This remarkable meeting of the minds brings together some of the most renowned names in nephrology to address timely topics affecting Medical Directors and other dialysis provider professionals.
We invite you and your colleagues to join us for the Nephrology Symposium in Chicago, Illinois on October 17-18. Additional Information about the Medical Director Workshop & Nephrology Symposium can be found here.
Take advantage of our Early Bird Rates and discounted packages when registering before August 31st.
- Explore Transplant Dialysis & Nephrology Provider Training
Tuesday, October 28, 2014 in Quincy, IL
Print and distribute the program brochure to staff and colleagues.
To register visit http://www.regonline.com/ETQuincy and follow the instructions in the brochure.
Contact Brittany Bancroft, Explore Transplant Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 760-622-2083 should you have any questions.
- 5 Diamond Webinar – Recorded Version Available
If you missed the 5 Diamond Patient Safety Overview Webinar, you can listen by clicking this link: https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/128624542
You will be asked to complete a short registration process, and then you will be connected to the recorded webinar which you can watch and share with staff members.
The PowerPoint to the webinar can be viewed here.
If you have questions on the 5 Diamond Patient Safety Program, just contact Bridget Carson in the Network office or email your question to email@example.com.
- The Renal Physicians Association Releases App for Improving Dialysis Decisions and Quality of Life for Kidney Patients
Read the press release here.
- Advance Notice of Distribution of the Facility Report for the CMS Dry Run of the Standardized Readmission Ratio (SRR) for Dialysis Facilities - Read the notice here.
This memo is to inform Medicare-certified dialysis facilities of the process and timeline for receiving the Facility Report for the CMS Dry Run of the Standardized Readmission Ratio (SRR) measure, which will be prepared by CMS’s Analytic and Operations Contractor, UM-KECC. The dry run reports will be available to dialysis facilities on the dry run website, www.dialysisdata.org. Facilities will be able to review these reports and submit comments and questions through the website from March 31- May 2, 2014. Please review the memo for more information.
- Change Concepts to Improve Care Transitions
The Renal Network has developed 7 Change Concepts to Improve Care Transitions, promoting safe transitions between treatment settings for dialysis patients. An effective communication process is essential to ensure safe patient transitions between all healthcare facilities, whether it is between dialysis facilities, hospitals, nursing homes, or ambulatory care centers. The transition requires the active participation of both a sending provider and a receiving provider. These Change Concepts were assembled to improve communications processes between providers.
- Baxter International, Inc. - The FDA has issued a Safety Announcement regarding a Voluntarily Initiated U.S. Recall of Two Lots of Peritoneal Dialysis Solution Due to Presence of Particulate Matter
FDA Posted 8/13/2014
- Baxter International, Inc. - The FDA has issued a Safety Announcement regarding a Voluntary Worldwide Recall Of Four Lots Of IV Solutions Due To The Presence Of Particulate Matter.
FDA Posted 7/14/2014
- Bristol-Myers Squibb - The FDA has issued a Safety Announcement regarding a Voluntary Nationwide Recall of COUMADIN® (Warfarin Sodium) for Injection Due to Presence of Particulate Matter.
FDA Posted 6/30/2014
- NxStage Medical, Inc. - The FDA has issued a Safety Announcement regarding recall of NxStage SAK Dialysate Concentrates that contain aluminum levels which exceed internal product specification.
FDA Posted 6/24/2014
NHSN Enrollment for Outpatient Dialysis Facilities
- Monthly data entry into NHSN is a CMS Requirement.
Click here for information about NHSN on the CDC website.
- REMINDER: The deadline for 2013 data entry is April 15, 2014.
5 Diamond Patient Safety Program
The 5 Diamond Patient Safety Program is now available in ESRD Network 9 (Indiana, Ohio, and Kentucky), and ESRD Network 10 (Illinois). The 5 Diamond Safety Program is a voluntary program to assist dialysis facilities with specific areas of patient safety. The program includes tools and resources needed to implement these different aspects of patient safety. For more information or to register to participate, visit the 5 Diamond Patient Safety Program website.
Changes to ESRD Claims Reporting:
The new CMS prospective payment system is now in effect. For more information visit our MIPPA resource page.
- Update of the KDOQI Guidelines for Diabetes and Chronic Kidney Disease [PDF 1.1MB]