Welcome to ESRD Network 9/10!
New and Noteworthy
- Hip Hop Artist David Rush to talk about Home Dialysis Options
Dialysis patients and their family members are invited to attend a free dinner:
An Evening With David Rush
Thursday, December 5, 5-8 pm
Crystal Light Banquets
8400 S. Cicero Ave.
Burbank, IL 60459
The dinner is free but reservations are required; call 800-456-6919 to reserve a spot.
The program is being sponsored by The Renal Network, with support from NxStage Medical, Inc.
- 2014 Nephrology Fellows Research Day - February 4, 2014
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
Abstract Submission Deadline: January 8, 2014
Nephrology fellows from throughout the Midwest are invited to submit abstracts of their original research for the 2014 Nephrology Fellows Research Day. This program brings together research trainees from Midwestern academic centers for the dual purposes of presenting original research while providing a communication network for all renal professionals in attendance. Complete details can be found here.
- 2013 Election Under Way for Medical Review Boards of Networks 9 and 10
Ballots for the 2013 Network elections for the Medical Review Board of Networks 9 and 10 are now being sent to facility representatives. Each dialysis unit is entitled to one vote in the election. Ballots are being mailed to the facility representative (one for each ESRD Provider Number). If you have questions, contact Bridget Carson in the Network office.
For information on the candidates who are running for election:
Network 9 – Slate of Candidates & Personal Statements
Network 10 – Slate of Candidates & Personal Statements
Ballots must be completed, SIGNED, and returned to the Network office by email scan, fax, or mail by FRIDAY, DECEMBER 6.
- Network Coordinating Council
Download the September 20, 2013 Webinar slide presentation [PDF format, size: 3.8Mbs].
- The 2012 Annual Statistical Report for ESRD Networks 9 & 10 is now available for review and download.
- Quality Improvement Educational Webinar: Download presentations and submit evaluations for "Greater Than 90 Day Catheter Reduction" held on September 5th, 2013
- Change Concepts to Improve Care Transitions
The Renal Network has developed 7 Change Concepts to Improve Care Transitions, promoting safe transitions between treatment settings for dialysis patients. An effective communication process is essential to ensure safe patient transitions between all healthcare facilities, whether it is between dialysis facilities, hospitals, nursing homes, or ambulatory care centers. The transition requires the active participation of both a sending provider and a receiving provider. These Change Concepts were assembled to improve communications processes between providers.
- The Renal Network Clinical Performance Measures 2012-2013 [PDF, 1.03Mb] booklet is now available for download.
- B. Braun Medical Inc.: FDA has issued a Safety Announcement regarding a Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Lot H3A744, 1 gram Cefepimefor Injection USP and Dextrose Injection USP Due to Visible Particulate Matter. FDA posted 10/15/2013.
- URGENT PRODUCT ADVISORY - Please be advised of critical shortage of Fresenius Medical Care North America (FMCNA) 1-liter normal saline product. Download FMCNA 2nd Notification issued September 13, 2013 [PDF format, size: 503Kbs].
- Wellness Pharmacy, Inc. Sterile Products: FDA has issued a Safety Announcment regading a recall Nationwide Voluntary Recall of Certain Sterile Products due to Laboratory Results Indicating Microbial Contamination FDA posted 08/29/2013.
- Covidien Monoject Prefill Flush Syringes: FDA has issued a Safety Announcment regading a recall - of syringes as not subjected to AutoClave sterilization process or mismatched syringe tipcap, syringe label, filled volume and wrapper. FDA Safety Alert posted 8/20/2013 and Covidien release issued 8/19/2013.
NHSN Enrollment for Outpatient Dialysis Facilities
- Monthly data entry into NHSN is a CMS Requirement.
Click here for information about NHSN on the CDC website.
- REMINDER: The deadline for 2013 data entry is April 15, 2014.
5 Diamond Patient Safety Program
The 5 Diamond Patient Safety Program is now available in ESRD Network 9 (Indiana, Ohio, and Kentucky), and ESRD Network 10 (Illinois). The 5 Diamond Safety Program is a voluntary program to assist dialysis facilities with specific areas of patient safety. The program includes tools and resources needed to implement these different aspects of patient safety. For more information or to register to participate, visit our 5 Diamond Patient Safety Program page.
Changes to ESRD Claims Reporting:
The new CMS prospective payment system is now in effect. For more information visit our MIPPA resource page.
- Update of the KDOQI Guidelines for Diabetes and Chronic Kidney Disease [PDF 1.1MB]