Welcome to ESRD Network 9/10!
New and Noteworthy
- 2 Meetings, 1 Day!
Home Dialysis Treatment Options
Meeting for staff-CEUs available
Dialysis Staff Leading the Journey to Home
Tuesday, April 29, 2014
1:00 – 4:00 pm Central Time
Click here to register.
Evening meeting for patients & family
On the Road to Home
Tuesday, April 29, 2014
5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Dinner starts promptly at 5:00
Sheraton Columbus Hotel at Capitol Square
75 East State Street
Columbus, OH 43215
The dinner is free but reservations are required; call 800-456-6919 to reserve a spot or register online here.
The program is being sponsored by The Renal Network, with support from NxStage Medical, Inc.
- Thinking Outside the Catheter - Strategies to Reduce Long Term Dialysis Catheter Use
Join us for a webinar on May 20th.
2:00 PM - 3:00 PM EDT / 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM Central Time
Reserve your Webinar Seat Now at:
- The Renal Physicians Association Releases App for Improving Dialysis Decisions and Quality of Life for Kidney Patients
Read the press release here.
- Advance Notice of Distribution of the Facility Report for the CMS Dry Run of the Standardized Readmission Ratio (SRR) for Dialysis Facilities - Read the notice here.
This memo is to inform Medicare-certified dialysis facilities of the process and timeline for receiving the Facility Report for the CMS Dry Run of the Standardized Readmission Ratio (SRR) measure, which will be prepared by CMS’s Analytic and Operations Contractor, UM-KECC. The dry run reports will be available to dialysis facilities on the dry run website, www.dialysisdata.org. Facilities will be able to review these reports and submit comments and questions through the website from March 31- May 2, 2014. Please review the memo for more information.
- Network Coordinating Council
Download the September 20, 2013 Webinar slide presentation [PDF format, size: 3.8Mbs].
- The 2012 Annual Statistical Report for ESRD Networks 9 & 10 is now available for review and download.
- Quality Improvement Educational Webinar: Download presentations and submit evaluations for "Greater Than 90 Day Catheter Reduction" held on September 5th, 2013
- Change Concepts to Improve Care Transitions
The Renal Network has developed 7 Change Concepts to Improve Care Transitions, promoting safe transitions between treatment settings for dialysis patients. An effective communication process is essential to ensure safe patient transitions between all healthcare facilities, whether it is between dialysis facilities, hospitals, nursing homes, or ambulatory care centers. The transition requires the active participation of both a sending provider and a receiving provider. These Change Concepts were assembled to improve communications processes between providers.
- The Renal Network Clinical Performance Measures 2012-2013 [PDF, 1.03Mb] booklet is now available for download.
- Hospira, Inc. - FDA has issued a Safety Announcement regarding a Nationwide Voluntary Recall for one lot of 0.25% Marcaine™ (Bupivacaine HCl Injection, USP), 10 mL, Single-dose Vial – Preservative Free (NDC 0409-1559-10), Lot 34-440-DD due to visible particulates.
FDA posted 04/21/2014.
- Hospira, Inc. - FDA has issued a Safety Announcement regarding a Voluntary Nationwide Recall of One Lot of 1% Lidocaine HCI Injection, USP, Due To Visible Particulates.
FDA posted 4/18/2014.
- Cubist Pharmaceuticals - FDA has issued a Safety Announcement regarding a Voluntary Nationwide Recall of One Lot of CUBICIN (daptomycin for injection) 500 mg in 10 mL single use vials Due to the Presence of Particulate Matter.
FDA posted 4/18/2014.
- Hospira, Inc. - FDA has issued a Safety Announcement regarding a Nationwide Voluntary Recall of two lots of Hemoset Dual Channel Plum Sets (list number 11241-03, lot numbers 28005-5H and 34100-5H). Hospira identified that an incorrect set component was supplied and used during the manufacturing process of the impacted product lots.
FDA posted 03/18/2014.
NHSN Enrollment for Outpatient Dialysis Facilities
- Monthly data entry into NHSN is a CMS Requirement.
Click here for information about NHSN on the CDC website.
- REMINDER: The deadline for 2013 data entry is April 15, 2014.
5 Diamond Patient Safety Program
The 5 Diamond Patient Safety Program is now available in ESRD Network 9 (Indiana, Ohio, and Kentucky), and ESRD Network 10 (Illinois). The 5 Diamond Safety Program is a voluntary program to assist dialysis facilities with specific areas of patient safety. The program includes tools and resources needed to implement these different aspects of patient safety. For more information or to register to participate, visit the 5 Diamond Patient Safety Program website.
Changes to ESRD Claims Reporting:
The new CMS prospective payment system is now in effect. For more information visit our MIPPA resource page.
- Update of the KDOQI Guidelines for Diabetes and Chronic Kidney Disease [PDF 1.1MB]