Welcome to ESRD Network 9/10!
New and Noteworthy
- 2 Meetings, 1 Day!
Home Dialysis Treatment Options
Meeting for staff-CEUs available
Dialysis Staff Leading the Journey to Home
Thursday, March 27, 2014
1:00 – 4:00 pm Central Time
Click here to register.
Evening meeting for patients & family
On the Road to Home
Thursday, March 27, 2014
5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Dinner starts promptly at 5:00
Drury Lane Conference Center
100 Drury Lane
Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois 60181
The dinner is free but reservations are required; call 800-456-6919 to reserve a spot or register online here.
The program is being sponsored by The Renal Network, with support from NxStage Medical, Inc.
- Advance Notice of Distribution of the Facility Report for the CMS Dry Run of the Standardized Readmission Ratio (SRR) for Dialysis Facilities - Read the memo here.
This memo is to inform Medicare-certified dialysis facilities of the process and timeline for receiving the Facility Report for the CMS Dry Run of the Standardized Readmission Ratio (SRR) measure, which will be prepared by CMS’s Analytic and Operations Contractor, UM-KECC. The dry run reports will be available to dialysis facilities on the dry run website, www.dialysisdata.org. Facilities will be able to review these reports and submit comments and questions through the website from March 31- May 2, 2014. Please review the memo for more information.
- Network Coordinating Council
Download the September 20, 2013 Webinar slide presentation [PDF format, size: 3.8Mbs].
- The 2012 Annual Statistical Report for ESRD Networks 9 & 10 is now available for review and download.
- Quality Improvement Educational Webinar: Download presentations and submit evaluations for "Greater Than 90 Day Catheter Reduction" held on September 5th, 2013
- Change Concepts to Improve Care Transitions
The Renal Network has developed 7 Change Concepts to Improve Care Transitions, promoting safe transitions between treatment settings for dialysis patients. An effective communication process is essential to ensure safe patient transitions between all healthcare facilities, whether it is between dialysis facilities, hospitals, nursing homes, or ambulatory care centers. The transition requires the active participation of both a sending provider and a receiving provider. These Change Concepts were assembled to improve communications processes between providers.
- The Renal Network Clinical Performance Measures 2012-2013 [PDF, 1.03Mb] booklet is now available for download.
- Baxter International, Inc. - FDA has issued a Safety Announcement regarding a voluntary recall in the United States of a single lot of DIANEAL PD-2 Peritoneal Dialysis Solution with 1.5% Dextrose 6000mL (Ambu-Flex II) to the hospital/user level due to complaints of particulate matter, identified as mold, resulting from a leak in the container.
FDA posted 3/5/2014.
- Rx Formulations - FDA has issued a Safety Announcement regarding a Voluntary Recall of Rx Formulations’ calcium gluconate injection product due to the presence of microbial contamination in lot #778961.
FDA posted 2/6/2014.
- Fresenius Medical Care North America - clarified the class II recall of its 2008 Series dialysis machines. FMCNA hemodialysis machines continue to be safe and effective when used in accordance with all product labeling, the company said.
NHSN Enrollment for Outpatient Dialysis Facilities
- Monthly data entry into NHSN is a CMS Requirement.
Click here for information about NHSN on the CDC website.
- REMINDER: The deadline for 2013 data entry is April 15, 2014.
5 Diamond Patient Safety Program
The 5 Diamond Patient Safety Program is now available in ESRD Network 9 (Indiana, Ohio, and Kentucky), and ESRD Network 10 (Illinois). The 5 Diamond Safety Program is a voluntary program to assist dialysis facilities with specific areas of patient safety. The program includes tools and resources needed to implement these different aspects of patient safety. For more information or to register to participate, visit the 5 Diamond Patient Safety Program website.
Changes to ESRD Claims Reporting:
The new CMS prospective payment system is now in effect. For more information visit our MIPPA resource page.
- Update of the KDOQI Guidelines for Diabetes and Chronic Kidney Disease [PDF 1.1MB]