Patient Advisory Council
The Patient Advisory Council (PAC) is a dynamic group of patients and professionals that help the Network respond to patient needs and seek ways to improve patient/staff relationships. The PAC represents a cross section of patient demographics and treatment modalities from across the Network. This committee provides an approach to patient-related issues and concerns that involve continuously seeking better ways to do things — ways that lead to more informed patients and better treatment results. This committee acts as an advisory group to the Network’s Patient Services Department.
- Provide input into the development of informational and educational resources related to patientswho have renal disease;
- Identify and address needs and concerns of renal patients;
- Offering a patient perspective on the selection and development of Network Quality Improvement Activities for which Patient Engagement is required;
- Offering a patient perspective to the Network in interpreting the results of all Network QIAs and thedevelopment of interventions.
- Provide information and feedback to The Renal Network.
Membership on the PAC requires:
- A commitment to a year term of office with the option of serving additional terms;
- Must attend and participate in scheduled meetings (at least two a year) which may include webinars,conference calls, and one in-person meeting (travel costs reimbursed for patients) – lack of participation will result in dismissal from PAC;
- Strongly encouraged, but not required, to have access to a computer for:
- Contact by Email
- Participation on Webinars
- Participation in Online Surveys
Categories of Membership
- Patients (minimum 15), 18 years of age or older
- Family members/caregivers (maximum 3)
- Professionals (maximum 3)
Patient Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) Overview
If the PAC seems like too much of a commitment, we continuously look for patients to serve as Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), as well. To be a Patient SME, the patient’s name will be included on a list that will receive an email when The Renal Network is seeking patient expertise on educational materials. Patient must have a valid email address to be a Patient SME.
For more information on PAC or SME opportunities please contact Patient Services Director Caprisheus Barbee at email@example.com.