Network Mission & Goals
The Renal Network/Qsource Mission:
To serve healthcare communities by driving value, improving quality and providing innovative business solutions.
In accordance with the legislative mandate for the ESRD Network Program, ESRD Network 10 shares the goals of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) for the ESRD Network Program to promote positive change relative to three AIMs outlined in the National Quality Strategy (NQS) and CMS priorities:
AIM 1: Better Care for the Individual through Beneficiary and Family Centered Care
AIM 2: Better Health for the ESRD Population
AIM 3: Reduce Costs of ESRD Care by Improving Care
CMS establishes priorities for the ESRD Network contractors annually in the Statement of Work section of each Network’s contract with the agency. These priorities support CMS and Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) national quality improvement goals and priorities.
- Promoting patient- and family-centered care
- Responding to grievances about ESRD-related services filed by, or on behalf of, ESRD patients
- Supporting improvement in patients’ experience of care
- Working with dialysis facilities to ensure that all dialysis patients have access to appropriate care
- Promoting best practices in vascular access management; and
- Helping dialysis facilities reduce the incidence of healthcare-associated infections.